10/4/13

Things in Season - Free Crochet Patterns

My recently finished hats and headbands...
 Elmo Hat from Cotton Gin Studios, crocheted with half double crochet stitches, a 3D nose in single crochet, and black on white in single crochet for the eyes. I modified the eyes, since I didn't want to make 3D eyes. I had to create a larger size, since the one in the pattern was small.

 A favorite, the Despicable Me Minion hat from Ashley's Crochet Place, in double crochet, with earflaps and braids. I had to modify the pattern to have different sizes and to make it look proportionate. Also, I changed up the way the eyes had to be crocheted.

 Another favorite with girls, popcorn stitch flower from b.hooked crochet. Hat starts with a double crochet and continues with cross stitches.

 Color options for above mentioned hat. 




 I love this pattern from Frayed Knot! I had to create the flower pattern, since I couldn't find one I liked online.





Free Crochet Flower Pattern
Olena's Crafts
I hook and worsted weight (size 4)
  1. Chain 2, sc 6 in the second chain from hook.
  2. Ch 2, 2 tr in same st as chain, chain 2, sl st in next st. *Ch 2, 2 tr in same st, ch 2, sl st in next st. Repeat from * to end. (6 petals)
  3. Ch 2, *sl st around post of next st in previous row. Repeat from * to end. (6 ch 2's)
  4. Sl st in ch 2, ch 2, 3 tr in same st as ch, ch 2, sl st in same st, sl st in next st. *Ch 2, 3 tr in same st as ch, ch 2, sl st in same st, sl st in next st. Repeat from * to end.
  5. Ch 4, *sl st around post of next st in previous row. Repeat from * to end. (6 ch 4's)
  6. Sl st in ch 4, ch 2, 4 tr in same st as ch, ch 2, sl st in same st, sl st in next st. *Ch 2, 4 tr in same st as ch, ch 2, sl st in same st, sl st in next st. Repeat from * to end.

FO, sew to item.



 I fell in love with the photo from goodknits.com. The pattern is free, and I had to modify it to be an adult hat, but love the look. Worked in double crochet, and single crochets for the eyes, nose, and ears. So cute!