1/5/14

Project in Progress - Red Fox Knit Scarf for Baby

Pattern is by Meraki. Swedish, but pattern available in English.

Photo is by Standing Out in My Field.

An ode to The Fox by Ylvis.

Cool cross stitch chart from Hancock's House of Happy, who provides a free cross stitch chart of the below pic.


I am using size 4 long needles and worsted weight yarn, Caron Simply Soft in cream and red, instead of the 3mm and dk yarn. I know the scarf would be great with lighter yarn.

I modified the pattern here, too. Instead of increasing two stitches every two rounds, I am increasing one stitch at the beginning of each row. I started with increasing using KFB, but that was a bit tight, so I changed to M1. (KFB looks better.) 

I'm supposed to have 32 stitches before changing colors and after increasing is over, so I guess I will have 32 rows or so.